Saturday, June 20, 2015

Macaw Collaborative Project (Part 2): Endangered Animal Study


Our collaborative macaw project is almost finished!  Yesterday was the last day of school, so I will be finishing the belly on my own.  The students were so eager to see it finished, but I let them know that it will be hanging up all next year when I turn my room into a rainforest.  Here is a close-up of the papers, the students cut "football shapes" or "teardrop shapes" for the feathers and then I called them up a few at a time for placement.

While the students were working, they were also creating their own recycled macaw.  Here are some examples from Kindergarten and first grade.  This was a wonderful end of year project, it only involved the scrap paper buckets and glue sticks or glue bottles.  Best yet, they loved creating their own macaw to take home with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment